There are many different fertility treatments that can be used to help you start your family.
During a consultation, I’ll take the time to thoroughly assess your situation and discuss in detail the treatment options that are available to you, the likelihood of success from each treatment, and any other advantages and disadvantages. There will be plenty of time for questions and you’ll leave being able to make an informed decision about how you want to proceed.
These are all done through my rooms, and include:
- Cycle tracking
- Ultrasound to check for ovulation, ovulation trigger injection, and ‘timed intercourse’ meaning having sex at home at the correct time
- Ovulation induction with Clomid
- Involves taking Clomid tablets to bring on ovulation, usually in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), then cycle tracking as above
- The most efficient and effective way to use Clomid
- Ovulation induction with FSH injections
- The same process as with Clomid above, but using injections instead
- Requires considerable expertise from an experienced doctor, and close monitoring
- Endometrial scratch
- Biopsy of endometrial lining
- Shown to increase natural pregnancy rates.
These are done under anaesthetic in a surgical centre, and include:
- Hysteroscopy, dilatation and curettage (D&C), laparoscopy and tubal flushing
- Can be diagnostic and therapeutic
- Tubal flushing
- Done in conjunction with hysteroscopy or laparoscopy
- Rinses out the fallopian tubes
- Results in 60% more natural pregnancies compared to flushing with water
- Ovarian drilling for PCOS
- Surgical correction of anatomical issues (polyps, fibroids, uterine septum)
- Tubal reanastomisis (reconnection of the fallopian tubes after a tubal ligation).
Laboratory treatments – IVF
I perform IVF (in vitro fertilisation) at Newlife IVF in Box Hill.
Newlife IVF offers comprehensive fertility care for individuals and couples needing help to conceive. As one of only a few independent IVF providers in Victoria, Newlife IVF prides itself on offering a more personalised, caring and supportive experience than that of corporate-owned clinics. Newlife IVF offers this care at reasonable prices, in line with its belief that IVF should be accessible and affordable to all.
Newlife IVF is committed to providing you with the best possible chance of success, which includes employing the tools and techniques that currently represent best scientific practice. At present, this includes the use of the EmbryoScope time-lapse system, sequential media and EmbryoGlue to aid the development, selection and transfer of embryos during IVF.
By employing these techniques, Newlife IVF aims to optimise every treatment cycle, giving you a better chance of achieving a successful pregnancy sooner.
Other laboratory treatments
Aside from IVF, I also perform intrauterine inseminaton.
Other specialised treatments
I offer endometrial receptivity analysis, a novel investigation that checks whether a woman’s endometrial lining is mature enough to accept an embryo at the time of implantation.
Overseas donor egg programs
I am experienced in initially discussing then preparing women to travel overseas to undergo treatment with donor eggs. I do the initial work-up, arrange all investigations and necessary prescriptions, then take over care on the patient’s return.
Patients commonly travel to Greece (embryoland) or South Africa (Cape Fertility Clinic).
The information on this page is general in nature. All medical and surgical procedures have potential benefits and risks. Consult a healthcare professional for medical advice specific to you.